Becoming an AEE for ATSH

I’m passionate about my subject of Design and Technology. Becoming an AEE has given me the opportunity to share that passion with other colleagues and work with a wide range of teachers from different schools who are at different stages in their careers.

I have thoroughly enjoyed leading the new D&T Teacher’s Network for the area and designing the content in a way that I would want to receive it. I also led training sessions for D&T ECTs at the regional day for secondary ECTs, again a thoroughly enjoyable and interesting experience. It felt a privilege to have an impact on the thinking of D&T teachers at the start of their careers.

In the D&T Network this academic year we have been unpicking some of the big picture issues surrounding our subject. It was fantastic to see the discussions and debates that came from it amongst a team of motivated and enthused colleagues. We have considered issues that that often don’t get the time to be carefully considered due to pressures of the day to day. I am continuing to explore some of these questions further and work alongside colleagues to share ideas and inspire each other to be the best possible D&T teachers we can be.

I visit another school each week to work in the capacity of consultant, advisor, and coach. This has been a rewarding experience and given me the opportunity to work in a school different to my own and make cross school links within our multi-academy trust. It also gives me opportunities to use my Olevi training as a coach. I have also been working with the EdTech demonstrator programme on their visitor days, offering an insight into how EdTech can be used effectively in D&T and art classrooms.

I recently signed up to be a delegate on the NPQLTD; an experience that I hope will enable me to become a more effective CPD trainer and teacher developer. I also want to complete the course before potentially becoming an NPQ facilitator through my role of AEE. 

I’m really enjoying the opportunities and challenges that being an AEE has presented me. I’m really looking forward to continuing to work with the Alban Teaching School Hub and Alban Education. 

 





Popular posts from this blog

STEM week

Blue Hearts for the NHS

Future-proofing D&T